Have a Web App with multiple site collections and need a common navigation menu? How about a SP Web Part that gives a consistent, easy to use, centralized site navigation WITH security trimming? This solution uses a SP list for its source.
This solution was inspired by
SharePoint Navigation Web Parts
This solution provides more flexibility for configuring and presenting a menu.
- No need to enter unique ID for each list entry
- Easy to assign a parent menu to a menu item - no need to remember a list id
- Customizable look and feel using your own styles
- Can use this Web Part as a top or a side menu
- No need to specify the sub-menu level, it will be dynamically determined
- Unlimited number of sub-menus - Warning too many sub-menus can impact performance
- Click to activate menu, overriding On Hover
- Open menu item in a new window
- Support for both WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007
If you like the spNavigationMenu and find it helpful, please consider making a donation to the project. Your donation will help support the further development of the spNavigationMenu project. Please click the image below to make a donation.